Sunday, December 5, 2010

Party like it's your birthday

Because it is!! We had Ella's first birthday party on Saturday and well had a great time! I was a little nervous going in because Ella decided to skip her morning nap - but all went well and she was an angel. A nonstop, constant motion angel.

The invitations for Ella's Princess and the Frog Prince birthday. Not to be confused with similarly themed Disney movie.
My Mom was nice enough to let us host the party at my parent's house. Ours is just a little small for entertaining a crowd. Thanks, Mom! And, here is a picture of 3 generations of Kelley/Carnes women :) (Unfortunately, one of the generations had her eye on the cupcakes and was not cooperating.)
And, here are said cupcakes. Little frog princes! I'm pretty proud of these if I do say so myself. Just call me Martha Stewart. Minus the part where she goes to jail.
And, the birthday girl's princess smash cake.
This one wasn't quite as Martha Stewart-esque. You can't win 'em all. Plus, I knew it was just going to get destroyed anyway (see later photos.) After baking 2 dozen cookies for Ella's class at "school," the frog cupcakes, this cake and 6 dozen cookies for a cookie swap party I was a little "baked out" and couldn't bring myself to try again.
The spread.
Ella's pink and green birthday roses from her Dad.
And, to top it all off - it snowed! This is really unheard of at this time of year but it really came down and even stuck for awhile. Beautiful!
Most of the pictures of Ella are blurry since she refuses to hold still. She was really busy getting people to play the stocking that plays music, looking at the Christmas tree and, her ultimate source of entertainment, climbing the stairs.
The Birthday Princess!
And one of all three of us.
After some delicious BBQ, it was time for the main event - the CAKE! Ella was thrilled. Not surprising for those of you who know Ella. She doesn't turn away food very often and she was in HEAVEN.
The Aftermath. That's right - she ate almost half of that cake. And, I had to take it away from her because she was still going.
You should try this cake stuff - it's great!
For this next photo, you should make sure you're sitting down. Or else the cuteness may just knock you over. This is Ella giving her cousin Henry a kiss. If that doesn't melt your heart I don't know what will.
Playing with some toys.
Showing Dad one of her cards. She wasn't all that into unwrapping the presents but she really liked "reading" all the cards.
Helping Mom unwrap her gifts.
And, playing with Papa on the stairs.
John Dickson pushing Ella around the kitchen on her new bike.
We had such a good time! (Although, I think I am still in denial that my little baby girl is actually ONE.)

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are adorable!! Happy Birthday Ella!

    ReplyDelete