Sunday, April 4, 2010

Road Trip!...and Happy Easter, part 1

Happy Easter!! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to celebrate this special holiday. It was 80 degrees and sunny here in W-S! Loving this weather :)

Well, Ella celebrated two "firsts" this weekend...her first Easter and her first trip without her parents. Unfortunately, Jason and I both had to spend this gorgeous weekend working. Since Ella is still a little young to stay home alone and Maggie makes a pretty poor babysitter, Ella headed on down to SC to spend a couple of days with her Grandma and Grandpa Carnes. We missed her like crazy but it sounds like she had a really fun (and busy!) weekend. Lucky for us, Grandma and Grandpa brought us lots of pictures. So, here are a few of Ella's first solo road trip :)
Loving on some Mr. Frog in her carseat
Playing a super-fun game of Peek-a-boo with Grandma!

Ella also got to spend some time with her extended family as well :) Here she is taking a little nap with her Great Grandmother
And playing with her Great Grandfather, Papa Sweem
Ella also attended her very first Easter Egg Hunt...as the Easter Bunny! I bet you never knew the Easter Bunny was that cute!
(Apparently, the Easter Bunny was a wee bit cranky in this picture, haha.)


But I thought I was the only Easter Bunny!!

Well, I guess you aren't so bad.

Being the Easter Bunny can really wear you out. I mean, that's a lot of responsibility when you're only 4 months old!

And, here is Ella in her Easter dress before the Easter Sunday service with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Justin.

Looks like our little girl had a great time but we are so glad to have her back! I've been missing my little peanut :) Stay tuned for Happy Easter, part 2 tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, she is the cutest Easter Bunny EVER!!! (and I love your comments that go along with the pictures, too - too funny!)
    I'm so sad ya'll both had to work over the weekend, but it looks like she had a great time (and I'm sure her grandparents weren't too upset either)! And yeah, Harley is a crappy babysitter, too! Haha! I mean really, what are they good for?!? :)

    ReplyDelete