Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Melt. My. Heart.

Ella really topped herself in the "doing things that are completely adorable" category today.  I'm not sure how she is going to top this one.  This evening we stopped for some ice cream after dinner and while we were sitting outside enjoying our treat Ella stood up on the bench, looked right at me and said "luh you Mommy" and gave me a hug.  Completely unprompted.  This is also the first time she has ever said "I love you."  Melt. my. heart.

She then sat down and finished her banana ice cream like nothing had happened.  I cried like a baby right there.  I'm sure the 16 year old kid working behind the counter thought that was pretty special.

In other news, Ella will probably be getting banana ice cream every day for the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment