Whoa! Where have we been??? I know it has been FOREVER! But, I promise, we're back in blogland full time now so no worries! Things have been hectic but all moving in a very positive direction. Here is a very succinct summary of our past few months (don't worry, I finally included pictures):
Jason and I have both finally finished residency. Jason has joined a private internal medicine group in Huntersville, NC and I will be continuing my ER career at a hospital in Concord, NC. We have decided to make our home base in Davidson, NC which is a lovely town just north of Charlotte and right in the middle of both of our jobs. We our loving our new house and town so far and enjoying making it in to a home. Ella has adjusted extremely well and we are all very happy to be at this place in our lives!
And now, for some pictures of the events of the last few days/weeks/months...
Taking a bath at Granna and Papa's.
Hanging out and just looking cute at Granna and Papa's.
Had a great 4th of July with the Kelley fam at Granna and Papa's. John Dickson and Ella holding hands watching TV - a rare still moment.
Ella decided pants were an unnecessary accessory for the 4th of July. Whatevs.
Luckily, we convinced her to put the pants back on for the playground portion of the day. Here we are having a great time climbing the stairs to the slide. (Which, by the way, Ella can do all by herself :))
Demonstrating her excellent sliding abilities.
Ella at her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Sweems pushing her baby. Very serious business.
And, again.
Ella and Grandma showing off their matching outfits.
Ella sporting her sweet Tinkerbell shades at the pool in our new neighborhood. And, somehow being more tan than anyone in our family despite ridiculous amounts of SPF 50 sunscreen, shade, hats, etc. Color me jealous.
Loving the pool! But not the lazy river. Nope, not. at. all.
Our pool has a lazy river which I had visions of lounging in while Ella and I rode around in our inner tubes. Unfortunately, Ella finds all forms of flotation devices as well as the lazy river extremely offensive and proceeds to scream bloody murder as soon as you attempt to either enter the lazy river or place her in a float. Not so relaxing as it turns out. Oh well.
She is, however, dunking her own face in the water and jumping in to Jason and I. No fear - except of floaty things :)
We also got to head to Henry's 1st Birthday in Columbia at Saluda Shoals park. Ella had a great time and LOVED the splash pad!
She even convinced Granna...
...and Papa to have a go at it!
And here's the man of the hour who started out looking so dapper and clean...
...but then decided to really get down to business!! (still looking dapper - just messy :))
Ella was also a big fan of the cake. (No surprises here!)
And, tonight we capped things off with a fun picnic and concert in downtown Davidson!
Apparently, the entire town comes out for the event!
Daddy and Ella hanging out.
Having a little picnic dinner :)
Now that we are getting more settled in I promise to update more frequently! I start work next week and Jason starts in about 3 weeks and right now we are just all really enjoying our family time together. Thanks for being patient with us an stay tuned for more updates!
She's so beautiful - and tan! Sounds like you guys are doing well! xoxo from the Sowards!
ReplyDelete