Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Fun!

We are finally almost out of boxes from our move and are finally settling in to our new place!!  We are loving Davidson so far and have really enjoyed our time off!  Such a nice change from residency!!

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and it was back to work for me today.  The good news is, I really think I'm going to enjoy my new job and my first day went pretty smoothly.  (Well, as smoothly as you might expect from an emergency department.)  

And, when I got home I had the most adorable little munchkin to come home to! (And, a pretty handsome hubs as well!)  We capped off the day with a relaxing swim in the pool followed by dinner, books and "night night."  Hard to beat that!

I mentioned in a previous post that Ella loved the pool but hated her baby float so we decided to try out the swimmies.  I wasn't too optimistic, but, as it turns out - she LOVES them!  And, is now quite the fish...


 Look at that...swimming solo!  (With Mom and Dad close by, I promise!!)


Loving it!
 Kicking those legs :)

Now, the only problem is keeping her OUT of the water.  She occasionally trys to jump in to the water before we have a chance to get in.  The girl. is. fearless.

But, she does still love her some baby pool.

A rare still moment for a photo op.


Ella loves dumping water anywhere - outside the pool so she can say "May a mess" (made a mess), on her "Heh" (head),  on her "e-bow" (elbow) - really anywhere makes for a good time!


So much fun!


I like Jason's expression in the background :)   


We capped off the night with a yummy dinner of chicken, carrots and turtles (brussell sprouts) and then headed off to bed.  Ella was absolutely insistent that Jason wear the "Rankret" (blanket) as a hat.  And, "rock rock Beh, Da - y".   So, here is Jason, complete with blanket hat and bear rocking and reading :) 

PS - Probably, you should not mention I put this on the blog :)


Ella decided to "Rock, rock Tootie" (cookie monster) 


 She talks to her stuffed animals all the time now in her bed which is Hi-lar-i-ous.  Unfortunately, sometimes some of them act up and we can hear her in her crib scolding them - "No, no Beh" "No, no Tootie"  "Beh" (bear)  Even got a "Mime out" (time out) today.  Hope it works better for Bear than Ella.  Mostly, Ella just laughs at time out.  

But who could stay mad at this face...

No comments:

Post a Comment