Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bye Bye, Paci!

We are officially paci free for one whole week!  I have been dreading this day for pretty much Ella's entire life thinking it was going to be a disaster filled with crying and sleepless nights (and days!)  Those of you that follow the blog have no doubt seen the multiple phases of Ella's paci - from soothie, to wubbanub to "big girl paci."  She really was borderline obsessed with it.  But, that has not been the case at all.  She has really handled it well with little to no crying.  The first night I was so nervous but she just cuddled up with her lovies, tucked that cute little butt up in the air and went right to sleep.  I could not believe it.  It's been smooth sailing ever since.  I am so grateful for that but somehow also feel a little twinge of sadness that the paci is really gone.  It makes me realize what a big girl she is becoming.  What a bag of mixed emotions that is! 

 Now, if we could just work on this separation anxiety....

No comments:

Post a Comment