Whew...we had one busy day today filled with doctors visits for both of our little ones. We are happy to report that Maggie is home and doing really well! She got lots of fluids, antibiotics and a medicine to help her GI bleeding. She stayed at the vet today to make sure she could eat and drink and by the time we got there this evening she was scarfing down everything in sight! She seems almost back to her normal self now and we are so thankful! The vets think she had hemorrhagic gastroenteritis which can be fatal for dogs. Luckily, we caught it in time!
And...today was Ella's 9 month old check up. She had an ear infection that we are now on antibiotics for but otherwise got a clean bill of health. She weighed in at 21lbs 30z (87th %ile) and was 28in long (82nd %ile.) She got a flu shot and had to get a little blood work drawn which she did NOT like. In fact, she was really quite the drama queen about it. But, we all survived :)
So, what is Miss Ella up to @ 9 months?
- No more Mr. Frog and Mr. Monkey. We have officially moved on to a "big girl" paci.
- Crawling, pulling up and cruising on EVERYTHING. She is nonstop action. And, she is into everything. I'm thinking of hiring her out to baby proof houses. Just follow her around for 5 minutes and you will find hazards you never knew existed.
- Waving, clapping, pointing, blowing kisses (sometimes) and imitating almost any face or noise you make.
- Eating all kinds of foods - loves her sweet potatoes, puffs and yogurt melts
- Recently went on her first vacation to the beach! (pictures to come soon, I promise!)
- Changing her diaper is next to impossible now b/c she absolutely will not hold still for any reason whatsoever.
- She is still not really a big fan of riding in the car and hates for your to clean her face.
- Bath time is still a fave.
I'm sure there a tons of things I have forgotten but those are some big things. And now, some super adorable pictures :)
All smiles after naptime!
Trying to grab the camera while I'm taking her picture. Like I said, into everything! She especially loves electronics.
Pulling up on her crib.
Reading her favorite book...Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton. Seriously, she LOVES this book and laughs every time we read it.
What?!? A dancing cow?? You have got to be kidding me!
More pulling up...on the very unstable glider ottoman :\
And, I'm outta here! Ella has the funniest crawl that I really need to catch on video. She has one "up leg" and one "down leg." Basically she uses her left leg to propel her self across the floor with only her right knee down. It's kind of hard to explain. Or, she will just walk on her hands and feet which is also pretty funny to watch. I really need to remember to catch the crawl on video because I'm pretty sure we'll be moving on to walking in no time!
She is so precious!
ReplyDelete