Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Potty Time!

We've been slowly trying to introduce using the potty here at the Carnes Crew.  Recently, Ella has really been very in touch with her, um, bodily functions and is very interested in announcing to us when she has to go/has gone.  Good for future potty training - a little awkward in line at the grocery store when Ella announces "Ella big toot!"  Yes, honey we are all aware actually but thanks for the heads up :)

So we got her a little munchkin potty and an Elmo potty book where Elmo teaches his doll baby David to use the potty. Ella has seemed semi interested in sitting on the potty and reading her "Emo" (Elmo) potty book. And, she has now thoroughly potty trained all of her dolls.  (Not sure that book is sending the right message here.)  But, has been very adamant that "Ella teetee biaper." (Ella's teetee's in her diaper.)  And, we haven't been pushing it too much.

BUT, last night we had success!  Ella pooped in the potty :)  Unfortunately, I was at work.  That part of being a working Mom can be kind of a bummer some times.  I can honestly say this is the first time in my life I have been disappointed to miss watching someone poop.  But, I digress...  Afterwards, Jason went to go get her some fruit snacks as a reward - and Ella was so excited when Jason got back "Ella teetee floor."  Ah, well, you can't win 'em all.

So proud of my big girl and can't believe how fast she is growing up!

PS - for obvious reasons there are no pictures associated with this post :)  I'll try and get a blog chock full of pics here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment