Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there! I hope you all had a wonderful day :) I know I certainly did!

Ella didn't want any one to beat her to the punch by wishing me a "Happy Mother's Day" before she got the chance. So, she decided to get a jump on things by waking up at 1 AM to be the very first :) Actually, my awesome husband got up with her AND I got to sleep in (heavenly!). Then, I woke up to a super yummy breakfast in bed. We spent the afternoon hanging out at Childress winery tasting a little wine, listening to some music and just hanging out in the beautiful sunshine! After Ella went to bed Jason made a delicious dinner and did the dishes. Hard to ask for a better day than that! It was a wonderful first Mother's Day.

We decided that since we have very little time off we would "divide and conquer" for Mother's Day and we each spent Saturday with our respective mothers. Jason and Ella traveled to Fort Mill to visit w/ her SC family and Jason got to spend the day with his mom. My mom and I got to have a "girl's day" complete w/ mani/pedi's and a delicious lunch. I think everyone had a good time and Jason and I were grateful to be able to spend time with our mothers to celebrate this special day.

I think it is probably impossible to ever truly appreciate everything a mother does for her children. Having a child has given me a whole new perspective on motherhood. And, although I know I have so much more to learn and experience with my own daugther, it has made me infinitely more grateful for everything my own mother has done for me over the years. So, here's a special blog shout out to my awesome Mom - LOVE YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment